Wait! Let me explain . . .
I had a day-long conversation with a woman yesterday who loved one of the things I'm currently selling. After some back and forth, we determined the piece would not work for what she was looking for. I think we were both disappointed. That evening, I sent her a quick text to let her know that I was available to shop for a piece that would work for her and give it the same finish as the piece we spent so much time discussing. This morning she replied "If I had time or money, I would just do this myself!"
I feel like I didn't explain things well to her. I want to make it clear here what exactly it is I am doing/can do for you. I have four sons. Way back in 2000, we made the decision to homeschool the boys. And we did. I don't regret it but we gave up my salary to do it. Along the way, we found ways to cut costs everywhere we could. We have never had "extra" money for decorating or things like that. BUT ... I like pretty things. I have always wanted my home to feel welcoming and happy to anyone who visits.
So, I learned things! Painting - walls, cabinets, furniture - are some of the things I learned. I also learned in our 1400 sq. ft. house how to corral the debris of four kids, homeschooling and managing a small kitchen. When we sold the house we had lived in for the past 18 years in 2015, we had a lot of clutter and, oh, more clutter to clear out. Our real estate agent was less than stellar - he often complimented me on the houses I found to look at! Live and learn. BUT, with a lot of studying and trial and error, I got the house staged, rewrote the agent's listing, and we had it sold in nine days!
All of us have limited time. All of our time is valuable. I respect your time and your investment in anything I offer. I don't do anything anyone couldn't do on their own. But, if you haven't started doing it by now, odds are you're not going to do it. And, that's fine. I can give you as little as a checklist to work from to in-person coaching through the whole job.
- PAINTED FURNITURE - I've got it. It changes often. You can find me on Facebook, Etsy, or Instagram @overallsoverhauls. You can check my website overallsoverhauls.com as well.
- CUSTOM FURNITURE - do you have a piece of furniture that you love but know itcould stand to be refreshed? I can refinish it or paint it to give it a new lease on life.
- LOOKING FOR FURNITURE - Are you looking for a coffee table, armoire, table, whatever? Let me know. For a 25% of what you're willing to spend on unfinished furniture, I'll be on the lookout on your behalf. If I find nothing in 60 days, I'll refund your money. Ispend a great deal of time hunting for furniture. If I know you're looking, I'm happy to look for you. I can take pictures on site and text them to you. If you like them, I'll pick them up. After that, I am more than happy to refinish or paint what you've bought. OR you can take them home and work on the furniture yourself! I'll even make myself available if you need tips.
- MOVING? - Moving is stressful. Packing is stressful on steroids. Sometimes it helps to have an uninvolved person come in and give you a bit of direction. If you need some help, let me know. We can set up a home visit. At the very least, I will be able to send you a room-by-room checklist of suggestions. If you need more than that, we can work it out.
- STAGING? Staging a house to sell or for a big event you're hosting is daunting. AND, few of us have budgets like you see on television. I'd be happy to sit down with you and talk about your options. There is often a lot that can be done with what you have and maybe a new coat of paint!
This is probably too much information in one post. I'll break it down into multiple, easier-to-digest posts over the coming week. In the meantime, please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I'd love to talk to you about your project!